REQUIREMENTS: * Must be Quality work, 0% plagiarism, No grammar mistakes, formatted cited work and on time. *Must be in APA formatt. TurnItIn Checked. *at least 2 scholarly resources
DUE: MAY 31 NOON MST
LENGTH: 400 WORDS
There is an endless list of common stereotypes found in U.S. culture. The following are just a few:
- Blond people are not smart.
- Caucasian men do not dance well.
- Overweight people are lazy.
- Women are emotional, and men are not.
- Men are better at math than women.
- Nursing is a job for women.
- Male firefighters are better than female firefighters.
- People in the IT field are antisocial.
It is important to recognize the existence of a stereotype. The more you learn that certain behaviors and actions cannot be generalized to an entire group of people, the more likely you will be to treat others as individuals.For this assignment, consider your desired career, and think about some stereotypes associated with it. Incorporate at least 2 resources to show you have conducted research on your selected stereotype, and use those resources to help you add to and back up your statements. Support or refute those stereotypes. Respond to the following questions:
- Describe the stereotypes associated with your desired career. Be specific, and explain why you think those stereotypes exist.
- Do you know anyone who fits the stereotype? Do you know someone who does not fit the stereotype?
- Using outside resources, either support or refute the stereotypes that are associated with your career choice.
- Discuss how someone might stereotype you and how you can overcome this.
Note: You may use your textbook to find an article.
Please submit your assignment.