Assignment 3 – Employee Resistance
IO Corporation is a 32-year-old information technology company with more than one (1) million products sold worldwide, including thin clients, which replace bulky computer hard drives in networks. Its competitors in the thin-client market include Hewlett-Packard, Dell Computer, and Wyse Technology. IO Corp is considering outsourcing its customer service activities. Employees may resist this outsourcing plan because they fear their jobs would be lost.
Prepare a three to four (4-5) page paper that includes the following:
- Discuss the factors involved in the outsourcing decision.
- Describe the issues surrounding the sense of control.
- Prioritize the steps involved in meeting employee resistance to the outsourcing plan and rationalize the plan.
- Justify why the employees’ jobs should be protected.
The requirements and format of the paper is to be as follows:
- Include two references
- Typed, double spaced, Times New Roman font (size 12), APA form