Part 1: Ethical Decision-Making Model
Apply the ethical decision-making model in the article to access to care or an ethical issue of your choice. End of life care
Follow the steps provided in the model, including the following:
State the ethical issue and its relevance for nursing practice.
- Collect and analyze additional information:
- Develop alternatives and compare them:
- Justify the decision:
- Find strategies to implement the plan:
Format your assignment as one of the following: 875-word paper
Cite at least 3 evidence-based, peer-reviewed sources published within the last 5 years to support your position(s).
Part 2: Legal and Ethical Responsibilities
Read the following case study from the Center for Practical Bioethics: Our Pregnant Daughter Didn’t Want This…
Complete the Questions for Discussion following the case.
Summarize the case, explaining the legal and ethical aspects of it.
Research and explain any laws that pertain to the situation.
Define and explain the ethical principles that pertain to this case.
Determine if the legal and ethical responsibilities are in alignment with each other.
Explain how you would recommend this care team resolve the situation by answering the following questions:
- What specific details of the case require resolution?
- What specific actions should the organization or nurse take to ensure an appropriate outcome?
- What resources and dependencies exist for your recommendation?
Format your assignment as an 875- to 1,050-word paper.
Cite at least 3 peer-reviewed sources published within the last 5 years.
Note: At least one of the sources should provide evidence for your resolution recommendation or plan of action.