As an epidemiologist investigating an outbreak of Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV), you are tasked with developing an eight-to-ten item interview to investigate the situation. You will also write a brief report that explains the interview and who you would choose to interview to gather your information.
The interview should meet the requirements found in the â€œInterview Protocol Checklistâ€: https://web.stanford.edu/group/ncpi/unspecified/student_assess_toolkit/interviews.html#protocolChecklist
and include the following:
- A heading
- Instructions to the interviewer (opening statements)
- The key research questions to be asked (recommend ten to twelve questions)
- Probes to follow key questions
- Transition messages for the interviewer
- Space for recording the interviewerâ€™s comments
- Space for the researcher to record reflective notes
Your brief report should address the following:
- An explanation of your interview questions;
Be sure to include general and specific information you would need to know from those you are interviewing.
Your questionnaire and paper should meet the following structural requirements:
- The questionnaire should consist of ten – to twelve questions.
- The paper should be at least two pages in length, not including the cover sheet, reference page, and interview pages.
- Formatted according to APA style
- Provide support for your report with in-text citations for each paragraphs, from a minimum of six scholarly articles. Two of these sources may be from the class readings, textbook, or lectures, but two must be external.
- Please use the following sources to help you develop the interview protocol.
A sample protocol can be found here: Sample Interview Protocol Form: https://web.stanford.edu/group/ncpi/unspecified/student_assess_toolkit/sampleInterviewProtocol.html