discuss and develop a paper of 8–10 pages that addresses the following questions. Work together to determine who will complete each section:
- Who will comprise your planning committee? Explain.
- Identify public- and private-sector partner agencies and elected officials (if any) that should serve on the planning committee.
- What are the component parts of the plan (be specific and detailed)? Explain.
- What participating agencies may be more or less involved in which parts of the plan development? Explain.
- Are there subject matter experts (SMEs) or other entities that should be involved in any one specific area of the plan development? Explain.
- Based upon the emergency management concept of incident management that includes the phases of preparedness and mitigation, response, and recovery, identify the actions that will need to be taken in each phase as they relate to the hazard you have selected.
- Identify the major challenges that the community and responders will encounter when responding to the hazard.
- What solutions exist (e.g., mutual aid, contract services) to overcome those challenges? Explain in detail.
- What should be the short- and long-term recovery goals of the community following this event’s occurrence?
- Develop a PowerPoint presentation of 6–7 slides that provides details about your plan.
- Include speaker notes of 200–300 words that will be used when presenting the plan to your superiors.