Whether in a scholarly or practitioner setting, good research and data analysis should have the benefit of peer feedback. For this Discussion, you will perform an article critique on correlation and bivariate regression. Be sure and remember that the goal is to obtain constructive feedback to improve the research and its interpretation, so please view this as an opportunity to learn from one another.
To prepare for this Discussion:
· Review the Learning Resources and the media programs related to correlation and regression.
· Search for and select a quantitative article specific to your discipline and related to correlation or regression. Help with this task may be found in the Course guide and assignment help linked in this week’s Learning Resources. Also, you can use as guide the Research Design Alignment Table located in this week’s Learning Resources.
By Day 3
Write a 3- to 5-paragraph critique of the article. In your critique, include responses to the following:
1. What is the research design used by the authors?
2. Why did the authors use correlation or bivariate regression?
3. Do you think it’s the most appropriate choice? Why or why not?
4. Did the authors display the data?
5. Do the results stand alone? Why or why not?
6. Did the authors report effect size? If yes, is this meaningful?
Be sure to support your Main Post and Response Post with reference to the week’s Learning Resources and other scholarly evidence in APA Style.
Frankfort-Nachmias, C., & Leon-Guerrero, A. (2018). Social statistics for a diverse society (8th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
· Chapter 12, “Regression and Correlation” (pp. 325-371)
Wagner, W. E. (2016). Using IBM® SPSS® statistics for research methods and social science statistics (6th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
· Chapter 8, “Correlation and Regression Analysis”
Walden University Library. (n.d.). Course Guide and Assignment Help for RSCH 8210. Retrieved from http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/rsch8210
For help with this week’s research, see this Course Guide and related weekly assignment resources.
Magnusson, K. (n.d.). Welcome to Kristoffer Magnusson’s blog about R, Statistics, Psychology, Open Science, Data Visualization [blog]. Retrieved from http://rpsychologist.com/index.html
As you review this web blog, select New d3.js visualization: Interpreting Correlations link, once you select the link, follow the instructions to view the interactive for interpreting
correlations between two variables.
Note: This is Kristoffer Magnusson’s personal blog and his views may not necessarily reflect the views of Walden University faculty.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Write a 3- to 5-paragraph critique of the article. In your critique, include responses to the following: 1. What is the research design used by the authors? first appeared on nursing writers.
The post Write a 3- to 5-paragraph critique of the article. In your critique, include responses to the following: 1. What is the research design used by the authors? appeared first on nursing writers.